In today’s world, women’s self defense is more important than ever. With rising crime rates, everyone should know how to protect themselves. Mixed martial arts can be a great way for women to learn how to defend themselves in potentially harmful situations. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, and kickboxing classes are all good examples of programs for women’s self defense.
Health Benefits of Women’s Self Defense:
The sedentary lifestyle that is common today means that there are now more people than ever who are suffering from obesity and its related illnesses. We are all so busy with our lives these days, that it can be hard to find time for exercise and activity. It’s now, more than ever, that the people of Orange County must make a big effort to keep active. Contrary to popular opinion, women’s self defense classes are not just for learning combat and self defense. Women’s self defense is an excellent way to get fit and healthy.
Some of the health benefits of women’s self defense classes are:
- Improved cardiovascular health – any aerobic exercise is good for your heart, and martial arts are no different. Exercise is vital to a healthy heart.
- Improved overall fitness – Being fit is important for overall health and happiness. Martial arts can really improve fitness quickly.
- Weight loss – For people struggling with weight loss, aerobic exercises such as Jiu – Jitsu can be a great way to get it under control.
- Improved muscle and bone strength – Jiu-Jitsu is a great way to develop good, strong muscle tone.
- Better reflexes – self defense training can help to improve reflexes due to training in reaction times.
- Happier mood – any exercise releases endorphins and so Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu can really improve your happiness.
Martial arts classes provide a great aerobic exercise that helps to contribute to overall health and fitness as well as enabling women to protect themselves.
Martial arts are also known to teach people discipline, improve coordination, and help with self-esteem issues. For people struggling with self-esteem and confidence issues, self defense classes can be great for meeting new people. Being involved in a Jiu-Jitsu or mixed martial arts class can improve confidence levels as you learn to defend yourself. Discipline of mind and an inner peace are two other benefits that people have associated with martial arts training.
So, the people of Orange County, if you are looking for women’s self defense classes, check out Ace Jiu-Jitsu for a wide variety of martial arts classes to suit women of all ages.ACE Jiu-Jitsu 18225 Brookhurst St. Suite 10
Fountain Valley, CA 92708 http://acejiujitsu.com